Thursday, January 7, 2010

Give me words to speak

1/4/2010 started the journey of taking my oldest daughter to college away from home(to be exact 1,000 miles away from home). There are so many thoughts going through my mind.
Have I, as her mother, taught her diligently as Deu 6:7 teaches?Have I taught her by example to be a follower of Christ, even it means standing alone except the Lord?
Will she depart now that she is older, away from her parents rules and supervision? Will see think wisely when making decisions or just live on the spur of the moment not thinking of consequences? Will she continue to follow Him?
As I count the hours down and watch the miles get closer to her new path, I can't help to wonder why I can't be more like a mother bird. Mother birds sit on their baby eggs until they hatch, then they teach the babies how to eat, how to get their food and then when the time is right, they push their babies out of the nest to teach them to fly. After that, that mother bird is ready and lets their babies leave home for good to start their life. I wish I could be like that mother bird.
Our job as a parent is to work ourselves out of a job, right? Well, I am not ready to give up that job..
I am discovering that I am not like that mother bird. I want to grab my "baby's" wings or hands or whatever I can get my hands on to her here in my nest. It is too soon.
Father Give me Words to Speak.
There just wasn't enough time. There is so much more I want to teach her, but now I must be like that momma bird and do what I know I must down. Put her in our heavenly Father's care (where she has always been anyway) and let her start this wonderful journey!
Tomorrow (1/5/2010) is the day. Can I do it?
Of course in my head I know I can because He is there for me too. I just wish my heart would learn that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment