Thursday, January 26, 2012

Forgive and Forget?????Is that possible?

How many times should you forgive? How many times should "we" be forgiven? I have asked myself these questions for many months now, and I would love to say I have the answers, but I don't. Jesus forgives us for what we do, and if we are to be like Christ, shouldn't we forgive too. What should you do if someone continually hurts you, does that still apply? Where does unconditional love come from? There have been people in my life that I have hurt and people in my life that have hurt me. I am at a point today that I would love to say that I have totally forgiven those that have hurt me and they have forgiven me, but that is not true. My mind is full of reasons why and why not, but can't seem to be clear on the exact answers. I miss the time that we shared, but can't seem to get past the hurt that was done. I sit here wondering, does she miss me, too? My negative side says no. She has gone on with her life and put me in her past; never to be thought of again. I am like that. Do I just throw people aside and never revisit our relationship because of some hurtful words? I look at my face in the mirror and wonder.....forgiveness.......noun or verb....???????

No comments:

Post a Comment